Telecom Solutions member of Internet Service providers Association
In terms of section 75 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (“the Act”) Telecom Solutions has designated the Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA) as an agent to receive notifications of infringements as defined in Section 77 of the Act.
Please feel free to email ISPA at email@example.com and provide them with the URL / website page that you are reporting, as well as the reason you are reporting it as offensive/abusive. Their takedown process will follow soon after that, when they will be in contact with us to change the content or to disable the page entirely, depending on the severity of the issue.
Kindly tell them in your email if they should include your personal information when they contact us – some people prefer to remain anonymous – but this is entirely your decision.
Address: PO Box 518, Noordwyk, 1687
Telephone: 010 500 1200
This AUP forms part of the Service Terms which it is incorporated into by reference. By agreeing to the Service Terms, you agree to be bound by this AUP and related legal documents.
This AUP outlines the acceptable use of Telecom Solutions’s Services and Website by users. This is version 1.0 of this AUP and it became effective on 2013-07-05.
1.1 Interpreting this AUP
This AUP contains a number of words and phrases which have specific meanings and most of which are capitalized. Supplementary Glossary, below, contains many of these words and phrases (others are set out in these Service Terms’ body and are designated by terms in quotation marks). Telecom Solutions also applies certain rules when interpreting this AUP and the Service Terms’ Interpretation Guide sets out these rules.
1.2 Important provisions pertaining to legal liability
The Service Terms, and this AUP as a result, contains provisions that limit Telecom Solutions’s exposure to legal liability and even make users responsible for a variety of acts. Some of these provisions do have the effect of limiting users’ rights in law and conferring obligations on users by virtue of their Service Terms to be bound by this AUP.
It is therefore important that users familiarize themselves with these provisions before accessing the Services or the Website and that they not access the Services or the Website if they do not agree to abide by those provisions.
1.3 Prohibited Uses
Users may not use the Services or the Website for or in conjunction with any illegal, unlawful, or immoral purposes or as prohibited by this AUP.
You may not frame the Service in any way whatsoever except as permitted by the Services’ functionality (details may be found on the Website) or otherwise without Telecom Solutions’s prior written permission.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local laws, rules, and regulations regarding your conduct on the Service.
You agree to adhere to generally acceptable Internet and messaging etiquette. In this regard, without being limited to the examples listed below, you agree not to:
- engage in any abuse of a messaging service or sending unsolicited messages, including, without being limited to ￼
- the posting or cross-posting of unsolicited messages with the same or substantially similar content to recipients that did not request to receive such messages; and
- inviting people who you may be connected to using 3rd Party services to access the Service where those people may not wish to receive such invitations or similar communications (in other words, make sure your contacts on other services are receptive to receiving invitations to joining us and accessing the Service or other communications you send them from us);
- engage in any activity intended to entice, solicit, or otherwise recruit website users to join an organization except where we expressly authorize such activities in writing;
- take any action aimed at deceiving or misleading any person, attempt to impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation to any person or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of anything posted or transmitted through the Service;
- submit any person’s personal information to Telecom Solutions without that person’s consent to do so (for more information about our requirement for informed consent, see below);
- use the Services or the Website to post or transmit anything which is defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, harmful, hateful or which carries child pornography, religious or racial slurs or threatens or encourages bodily harm or the like or which may violate any person’s personality rights;
- use the Services or the Website to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services or to offer or solicit for any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes” and “chain letters”;
- use the Services or the Website in a manner that may infringe the Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights of others;
- use the Services or Website in any manner which could damage, impair, overburden or disable the Services or the Website or interfere with any other party’s access to the Services or the Website;
- collect and/or process any user’s personal information, without the relevant users’ knowledge and express consent, for commercial, political, charity or similar purposes using the Services or the Website, either as a whole or any aspect of it;
- violate the privacy of any person or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or the Website or any other network, including (without being limited to) through hacking, password mining or any other means; and/or
- Otherwise use the Services or the Website to engage in any illegal or unlawful activity.
Should you engage in any one or more of the above practices, which shall be determined in our sole discretion (and which decision shall be final), then we shall be entitled, without prejudice to any other rights Telecom Solutions may have, to:
- without notice, suspend or terminate your access to the Services or the Website;
- hold you liable for any costs we incur as a result of your misconduct; and/or
- Notwithstanding Telecom Solutions’s Data Protection Policy, disclose any information relating to you, whether public or personal, to all persons affected by your actions.
1.4 Security Threats
Any activity which threatens Telecom Solutions’s infrastructure functioning, security, and/or integrity is prohibited. This includes:
Any efforts to attempt to gain unlawful and unauthorized access to Telecom Solutions’s infrastructure or circumvent any of the security measures established by Telecom Solutions for this purpose. – Any effort to use Telecom Solutions’s infrastructure to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (known as “cracking” or “hacking”). – Forging of any TCP/IP packet headers (known as “spoofing”) or any part of the headers of an email or a newsgroup posting. – Any effort to breach or attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to any other person’s computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person. – Any activity which threatens to disrupt, disrupts, interferes with, and/or otherwise access the Services in a manner not approved by Telecom Solutions in writing including, but not limited to, activities such as DoS Attacks, flooding of a network, or overloading a 3rd Party service or any conducting unauthorized probes of any 3rd Party networks. – Use the Services or the Website to post anything which contains viruses or any other destructive features, regardless of whether or not damage is intended. – Any unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on Telecom Solutions’s infrastructure without Telecom Solutions’s explicit, written consent. – Running services and applications with known vulnerabilities and weaknesses, for example, insufficient anti-automation attacks, unpatched software, and any traffic amplification attacks, including recursive DNS attacks, and SMTP relay attacks..
1.5 Public Space and Third Party Content and sites
You acknowledge that Telecom Solutions is unable to control content passing across the Internet, its facilities, and its applications, including email; social networks, and services and that Telecom Solutions cannot be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for Losses resulting from any content loss, alteration, misuse or your reliance on content accessed or transmitted through the Services or the Website.
You acknowledge that Telecom Solutions exercises no control over and does not monitor 3rd Party services and that Telecom Solutions’s infrastructure is merely a conduit or means of access and transmission. This includes, but is not limited to, External Parties’ content contained on or accessible through the Services or the Website. It remains your responsibility to review and evaluate any such content, and you bear any and all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, such content.
Telecom Solutions employees do not actively moderate any of its Services, or your communications, transmissions, or use of these Services.
1.6 Supplementary Glossary
- “you” has a corresponding meaning with “users” in the Service Terms.
This Data Protection Policy forms part of Telecom Solutions Terms and conditions which is incorporated into by reference. By agreeing to the Service Terms, you agree to be bound by this Data Protection Policy and related legal documents.
This is version 1.0 of this Data Protection Policy and it became effective on 2020-10-05.
1.1 About this Privacy Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy sets out how what personal information Telecom Solutions collects from you when you use the Services and how Telecom Solutions processes that personal information.
If you have any questions about this Data Protection Policy or do not agree with it, please contact Telecom Solutions by clicking here before using the Services. Telecom Solutions may change this Data Protection Policy from time to time by updating this page.
By using any part of the Services or providing personal information to Telecom Solutions you consent to Telecom Solutions collecting and processing your personal information on the basis set out in this Data Protection Policy.
1.2 Interpreting this Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy contains a number of words and phrases which have specific meanings and most of which are capitalized. The Supplementary Glossary, below, contains many of these words and phrases (others are set out in these Service Terms’ body and are designated by terms in quotation marks).
Telecom Solutions also applies certain rules when interpreting this Data Protection Policy and the Service Terms’ Interpretation Guide sets out these rules.
1.3 Information Telecom Solutions Collects From You
184.108.40.206 Personal Information You Volunteer or Which Telecom Solutions May Infer
In general, you can use the Website without giving Telecom Solutions any personal information. Any domain name information that Telecom Solutions collects is not used to personally identify you but is instead aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Services, and pages viewed. Telecom Solutions uses this information to measure the use of the Services and to improve its contents. However, additional services may be available if Telecom Solutions has certain information about you.
220.127.116.11 Telecom Solutions May Collect the Following Personal Information
- a list of the products and services you express an interest in when you use the Website;
- your name and contact information, including email address and company details which you may submit to Telecom Solutions when you interact with the Services or the Website;
- domain names and profile identifiers;
- your location or similar location-based information;
- billing information including payment methods, billing address and contact details, VAT number, and so on;
- Information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with its products, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about its products and Services.
18.104.22.168 Telecom Solutions May Intercept and Monitor Your Communications
Telecom Solutions may implement systems designed to intercept and monitor your communications with Telecom Solutions and/or Telecom Solutions’s Associates, to the extent permissible by law, in which case you consent to such interception and monitoring.
As part of this process of intercepting and monitoring these communications, Telecom Solutions may record such communications for disclosure on the basis set out in this Data Protection Policy.
22.214.171.124 Personal Information Telecom Solutions Collects Automatically
When you use the Services or the Website, Telecom Solutions automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
Telecom Solutions only uses this data in aggregate form and Telecom Solutions may provide this aggregate information to its partners about how its customers, collectively, use the Services, so that its partners may also understand how users make use of the Services. ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
Telecom Solutions takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. Telecom Solutions restricts access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Telecom Solutions may link to other websites which are not within its control. Telecom Solutions cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide to Third Parties. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the 3rd Party Website or governing the 3rd Party in question.
1.4 What Telecom Solutions Does With the Information
Telecom Solutions uses this information to provide you with better services, and in particular for the following reasons: – providing Services you have requested and notifying you about important changes or developments to these Services; responding to you inquiries and complaints or to process your requests in relation to your information; – to follow up as part of its customer care procedures; – updating its records about you; – internal record keeping; – administering offers; – to improve its products and Services; – complying with data retention and related compliance requirements under South African law; – crime detection prevention and prosecution; – competitions and other promotions; – evaluating the effectiveness of its marketing and for research, training and statistical analysis with the aim of improving its Services; – making the Services easier for you to use and providing you with access to certain parts of the Services; and – to contact you for market research purposes.
At the time you provide Telecom Solutions with any information in response to a request from Telecom Solutions, its request will provide you with specific information as to how Telecom Solutions will use such information.
Telecom Solutions may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax, or mail in relation to the purposes set out in this section and by submitting such information to Telecom Solutions, you are deemed to have agreed to Telecom Solutions contacting you using these methods of communication. Telecom Solutions will continue to contact you by way of such methods until you advise Telecom Solutions in writing you no longer wish to be contacted by certain methods. Please note you are required to accept at least one of the above methods as your chosen method of receipt of communication from Telecom Solutions.
Telecom Solutions will not pass your personal information to anyone else (other than on the basis set out below and in accordance with appropriate disclosure requirements Telecom Solutions may be subject to) without your consent
126.96.36.199 Retention of Information
The Services Provider will keep your personal information for as long as you are a user and for so long as may be required in order for Telecom Solutions to comply with its obligations under South African law.
1.5 Sharing Your Information
Telecom Solutions will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to 3rd Parties other than on the following basis: ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- where Telecom Solutions has your permission;
- where Telecom Solutions is required to do so by law;
- where it is needed by Telecom Solutions’s agents, advisors, or others involved in running accounts and services for you or in undertaking activities linked to the operation of such Services or accounts on Telecom Solutions’s behalf;
- or where the transferor disclosure would otherwise be in compliance with legal requirements Telecom Solutions is subject to including, but not limited to, statute or regulation.
This process may include sending personal information to other countries, whose data protection laws may not be as comparable to the European Economic Area. However, Telecom Solutions has taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the Republic of South Africa.
1.6 Accessing Your Personal Information
If you think any personal information Telecom Solutions has about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact Telecom Solutions as soon as possible. Telecom Solutions will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
You may request details of personal information which Telecom Solutions holds about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000.
1.7 Supplementary Glossary
The defined terms set out below are to be interpreted in accordance with the principles set out in the Interpretation Guide in the Agreement. – “Agreement” means the Telecom Solutions Master Services Agreement – “Data Protection Policy” means this Data Protection Policy, as amended from time to time; – “you” has a corresponding meaning with “users” in the Agreement
In the event the Customer elects to make use of the Services on an ongoing basis, these Service Terms shall automatically renew on a month to month basis.
Either Party may terminate these Service Terms on one calendar month’s written notice to the other Party in the event these Service Terms automatically renews on a month to month basis.
Any services managed by Telecom Solutions on behalf of the client, Cancellation will be subject to the terms and conditions of the 3rd parties contract with the client.